Come visit us at our new website: pollutedpixie.com

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tough Bitches: 117 Days to Go

Sundays are lovely.  Big fat glorious Sunday.  I had a super great one too.  Brunch with the bitches in honor of marriage. Snowy drives with my man, in the woods.  Chasing Timber around and throwing snowballs for him.  Breakfast for dinner and an episode of Black Sails.  I even did a load of laundry.  So pretty much I am on point today. 


Driving with Adam
 

This whole weekend has been pretty sweet actually.  Lets recap shall we?

Thursday:
Well first off, I do know that Thursday is not part of the weekend but, I did stuff and I want to brag about it.  I got up at 645am.  If anything is amazeballz, it would be that.
Also, I was at the spit by 7am and running my booty along it.  It was great.  I didn't see anyone and I got a view of the sun rise.









Running back, was a bit blinding at some points, but beauty non the less.
I have maintained a pretty constant number of 45 minutes to do the whole circuit.  Usually I will run two songs and walk on the third.   I am wanting to change it up a bit by doing some of the Mudder practice moves every so often. That will be happening Tuesday.  

On Thursday nights, the Girls and I have been going to a Butts and Abs class with Brett of Saltwild Fitness.  She kicks our asses every week. I fucking nailed push ups with alternating leg lifts. The suction cup noise of my sweaty back sticking to the dirt on the community centre floor while doing a thousand years (1 minute, maybe) of sit-ups was not a highlight.  In fact it was super gross.  This is one part of the whole thing I got planned that has me looking askance. I fucking hate being dirty. I mean actual physical dirt. Like mud and shit. Hate it. Gross.

Anywhoodle, I got to chat with Brett quickly post class about TM, as she did it last year.  Her main advice was to work on upper body strength.  Which is what I need to work on the most :/ Adam and I talked about setting up a chin up bar on the porch for me to work on it.  Brett's suggestion was hand stands against a wall.  Transitional exercise she says. I couldn't really even do a hand stand when I was a kid for shits sakes, how the hell am I going to do them now? I also can't cartwheel. 
  
 So totally have to admit, I maybe pushed myself a bit hard.  My knee has been sore this weekend. There definitely has been an ice pack on there and a couple of doses of ibuprofen.  The dancing probably didn't help, but that is Friday's story.

Friday: Champers and dirty songs where the theme of Kirstie's 33rd birthday celebration.  As should be for everyone's birthday actually.... The HBI had a funny lady singing songs about farting on dicks and we has 3 bottles of sparkling wine. Obvs I have zero recollection of any song, other than that one, as it was the first one she sang..... Next stop, pub side to dance excitedly to one of my long time faves, Will Rendal.  His rendition of "Put me in Coach" is inspiring.  I'm not being sarcastic. I fucking love it when he does that one. 

Saturday:
This involved being tired and laying my head down on the desk with Liss at the shop.  We watched the snow fall.  She fucked around with the website design and I made some jewelry. So actually mildly productive now that I think about it....  

Now that I've filled you all in, gotta get to bed! Monday will be here and probably more snow, in the blink of eye... Hope everyone had a great weekend too!

Loves to the end!
Mandy





1 comment:

Tessa Bingham said...

You're really cute. I had a super lame weekend, but your weekend overview just made it better. Love you!